Human Resources Business Partner
Truly Canadian Training
SkyAlyne is a partnership between Canadian aviation and defence leaders CAE and KF Aerospace, formed to provide a truly Canadian solution for Canada’s Future Aircrew Training (FAcT) Program.
Today, CAE and KF Aerospace deliver all phases of contracted training and in-service support for the Royal Canadian Air Force through two separate programs. By combining and adding a team of highly qualified Canadian-based subcontractors, SkyAlyne offers unmatched experience and expertise for FAcT— Canada’s next-generation military aircrew training program.
SkyAlyne is one of three pre-qualified bidders for this multi-billion-dollar training program, working the last two years in preparation for the formal RFP expected to be released this fall. When selected as the successful bidder for FAcT in 2024, Canadian-based SkyAlyne will maximize the long-term economic benefits for Canada’s workers, communities and Indigenous communities and preserve our long-standing reputation for Canadian military aviation excellence.
KF Aerospace | we’re all about the craft
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft services for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched in 1970 out of British Columbia’s beautiful city of Kelowna, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 900+ strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Learn more at: kfaero.ca
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will initially report to the KF Aerospace Human Resources Manager and be responsible to support the SkyAlyne Bid team in responding to and developing Human Resource strategy and initiatives for the FAcT RFP. The position will work closely with SkyAlyne Management and capture team as well as Subject Matter Experts from the different partner organizations.
Once the bid is awarded to SkyAlyne, the HRBP will transition to be a SkyAlyne HR Advisor (or lead based on demonstrated skills and abilities) reporting to the SkyAlyne GM responsible for implementation, staffing, and operations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of KF HR Manager, the HRBP will develop and support the SkyAlyne Manager and Leads as they answer the RFP. Once SkyAlyne is awarded, they will move to reporting directly to the General Manager and be responsible for implementation, staffing and operational phases of delivering the FAcT program.
Research, create, implement, and administer the following programs:
- Human Resources Information Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Compensation strategy
- Pension and benefits program
- HR policies and procedures
- Job descriptions, job postings, selection criteria, selection tools, etc.
- Onboarding and training programs for new employees
- Performance management programs
- Improvement and career development plans
- Occupational Health & Safety Programs
- Disability Management Program
- Subcontractor Management
- Work with RFP writers to ensure correct representation of the HR strategy in the proposal
- Chair meetings and ensure collaboration with stakeholders
- Assist and support KF Aerospace HR Manager and team as needed
Create and implement recruitment strategies and practices that effectively attract, identify, and retain quality talent to meet their operational needs. Recruitment will include position-focused strategies as well strategies targeted at underrepresented groups.
- HR Diploma or Business Degree with HR Major
- Minimum 10 years progressing experience as an HR generalist
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Must be highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Be able to hold a Canadian Security Clearance & Controlled Good Clearance
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal time off
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
- The successful incumbent could be based in Kelowna, Winnipeg, Toronto/Hamilton, or Ottawa areas
- Remote work is feasible for the next few years as the SkyAlyne team is based across Canada
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Human Resources Business Partner position at kfaero.ca/careers today!